Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Review: Red Seas Under Red Skies

Red Seas Under Red Skies Red Seas Under Red Skies by Scott Lynch
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I am just going to straight up say that this is one of the best books I have ever read in my life. The first book of the series was very good and had to set up the characters and the world that they lived in. That being said, this book built further on their stories and made them seem even less one dimensional than the first book, which was great.

One of the reasons I think it is even better than the first, is that things dont always work out as intended. without ruining anything, I think that the first book allowed complete improvisation to result in situations that largely resulted in the good guys winning, etc... but this book was even darker than the gritty first book... which is saying something. While the plot could get increasingly complicated, i dont find that the characters reactions were anything that I wouldn't necessarily consider myself when faced with similar shitty decisions. 5 Stars!
This series is a must read and has instantly jumped up to one of my favorite series of all time.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment