Monday, November 6, 2017

Review: The Lightning Tree

The Lightning Tree The Lightning Tree by Patrick Rothfuss
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

For those in love with the Kingkiller Chronicle, this short story in the life of Bast and his somewhat creepy but also wonderous fae ways. Its pretty much the story of someone who goes out for carrots and in the process causes a fuck ton of mischief. If anything, it made me respect Rothfuss as a writer even more because the character really comes alive and truly has that inhuman quality to him, while being extremely 3 dimensional.

He has a lot of the cleverness of Kvoth, but without much of the common sense. My only sadness is I probably need to wait another 5 years for anything else in this series to be released.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment