Friday, August 5, 2016

Review: Leviathan Wakes

Leviathan Wakes Leviathan Wakes by James S.A. Corey
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

My brother suggested I read this book a few days ago when I was in a bit of a mental health crisis and it was the perfect medicine. I was hooked from the first chapter. Recently I have not been able to find a science fiction story that could be on a similar level to the fantasy series I have read through, but this one is a must pick up. It is a gritty story which takes place in the not to distant future as humans have expanded through the solar system in an age of discovery and settlement.

The story is extremely gripping and fluid, with turns and surprises which I respect. While the dialogue and character development are alright, the story really shines with its action sequences and description which makes you feel like you are in the heat of it. I definitely recommend this series to anyone who is looking to pick up a new science fiction saga and am already well into the second book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment